We are always pleased to support and promote events being performed or presented by our members.
Recitals being performed by our members:
Martyn Rawles, Organist & Assistant Director of Music at Lichfield Cathedral
- Wednesday 4th October 2017 from 12.30pm to 1.05pm, organ recital at St Alban's Cathedral.
- Friday 6th October 2017 from 7.30pm to 9.20pm, organ recital at Lichfield Cathedral.
Cathy Lamb, Director of Outreach at Lichfield Cathedral School
- Wednesday 9th August 2017 from 12.30pm to 1pm, organ recital at St Modwen's Church, Burton-on-Trent.
- Friday 15th September 2017 from 1pm to 1.40pm, organ recital at Wellington Methodist Church, Wellington, Telford.
- Wednesday 20th September 2017 at 7.00pm, organ recital at Holy Trinity Church, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent, promoted by North Staffordshire & District Organists' Society, of which Cathy is President.
- Thursday 16th November 2017 from 12.30pm to 1.10pm, organ recital at Christchurch Priory.
Peter Morris, Walsall Borough Organist and Director of Music at St Peter's, Wolverhampton
- Wednesday 13th September 2017 from 1pm to 1.50pm, organ recital at Shrewsbury Abbey
- Thursday 21st September 2017 from 1pm to 1.50pm, organ recital at Walsall Town Hall
- Wednesday 27th September 2017 from 1.10pm to 2pm, organ recital at St Alphege, Solihull
- Thursday 9th December 2017 from 1pm to 1.50pm, organ recital at Walsall Town Hall
- Thursday 15th February 2018 from 1pm to 1.50pm, organ recital at Walsall Town Hall.
Pat Neville, LDOA member and Organist at Trinity Methodist Church, Shenstone
- Monday 25th September 2017 from 12.45pm to 1.30pm, Harvest organ recital at Trinity Methodist Church, Shenstone.
- Monday 4th December 2017 from 12.45pm to 1.30pm, Advent organ recital at Trinity Methodist Church, Shenstone.
Richard Syner, LDOA Secretary
- Saturday 11th November 2017 at 10.30am, at All Saints' Church, Streetly. 'Coffee Concert' performed by Richard Syner (Organ) and his wife Katherine Fox (Clarinet) entitled 'By the Banks of Green Willow - Music for Remembrance'. Clarinet/Organ duets and organ solos of music composed by casualties of WW1. Works by Rene Vierne, Granados, Ernest Farrar, Frank Jephson, Frederick Kelly and a new arrangement of Butterworth's lyrical rhapsody, plus works by Elgar and Ravel.
Events being presented by our members:
All Saints' Church Streetly Organ Recital
- Event organised by LDOA Committee Member and Organist at All Saints', Chris Booth. Organ recital at 10.30am Saturday 8th September 2017 by Fr Simon Lumby, Vicar of St Aiden's New Parks, Leicester. Fr Simon Lumby had a creer as a professional musician before being ordained, and indeed is an organist, pianist, singer and conductor. He had some very early organ tuition with Sir George Thalben Ball, then with Andrew Fletcher, and has given organ recitals in the Cathedrals of Hereford, Leicester, Lichfield and Liverpool, as well as Ampleforth Abbey and St Bride's, Fleet Street, not to mention performing with Carlo Curley in 'Battle of the Organs' events.
Walsall Town Hall Concerts
- Concerts presented by our member Mervin Jones on the second Thursday of the month from 1.30pm to 3.30pm, including light organ music played on the Town Hall pipe organ by Mervin Jones, plus guest artists. Light refreshments and raffles.
Broadway United Reformed Church, Walsall, Organ Recital
- Presented by our member Alan Taylor on Saturday 16th September 2017 from 7.30pm to 8.30pm, an organ recital performed by Nicholas Morris, Organist of St Chad's Cathedral, Birmingham, celebrating the 27th Anniversary of the four manual organ of Broadway URC. Drinks reception from 7pm.
Lichfield Cathedral, RSCM Lichfield Area Festival
- RSCM Lichfield Area Festival on Saturday 7th October 2017 1.45-6.30pm, organised by LDOA honorary member Cathy Lamb, Director of Outreach at Lichfield Cathedral School. Singers are invited to come along to Lichfield Cathedral for the event directed by Ben Lamb, DoM Lichfield Catehdral, and LDOA honorary member. Rehearsals in the afternoon, then performed at the concluding service at 5.30pm. See RSCM website for details.